Wednesday, May 13, 2015

ALL ABOUT SUMMARISING - WEEK 4

When we are writing a summary you need to have keywords, you can write a summary about anything.  
Key words can be used in a retell or writing of your own choice.  
A summary is a shortened version of a text that makes the right point. 

Here is an example
"The whale is  a mammal " 
The keywords  are whale and  mammal.     

Here are some fix - up strategies 

  • Re-read
  • Read ahead
  • Find out what the word means
  • Stop and think
  • Create picture in your mind 
  • Ask questions
  • Make predictions 
  • Make connections





2 comments:

  1. I like the example you have written Kalae. It gives the reader a clear picture about using key words. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your example Kalae. I think I know what a summary is now that I read that.

    ReplyDelete